Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Were-Nana-ing


This is possibly the most unflattering photo of me I'll ever put on my blog (believe me I have plenty of others...) but its all for a good cause. The Were-Nana by Melinda Syzmanik, illustrated by Sarah Nelisiwe Anderson. It's a finalist in the New Zealand Post Book Awards 2009, and to celebrate, I made some were accessories on the telly this morning, so you can play along with the story. The Were-Nana is one of those great tales of a brother (Simon) putting the fear of God into his little sister (Stella Rosa) about the grandmother they have never met and is coming to visit from a long way away. This is a great piece of writing with truly excellent illustrations and I wish it all the best in the forthcoming awards. If you want instructions on how to make the were-accessories, including the origami claws, just e-mail me at fifisart@gmail.com

2 comments:

Melinda Szymanik said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am absolutely thrilled that you featured my book. And i think you look very foxy!

Vanda Symon said...

Great accessories Fifi - I love the claws. You make a fabulous Were-nana!